Monday 3 September 2012

Three weeks


Did you miss me, dear PartyMixTape readers? Oh, I missed you! But since my wonderful friend Dominique took over during my three weeks off, I know you were in good hands. That’s right: I’ve been traveling with my Hubby. We flew in to Amsterdam in early August, jetting off to Bremen for a crazy-fun German wedding, took a train to meet up with one of our good friends in Berlin, headed to Prague and finished in Munich. What a whirlwind trip! Here are a few pics:

 

1. Giving myself an orange pedi while packing (nail polish on your toes is a must!) / 2. View from Prague’s Old Town Hall. Meters below, we saw Prague’s famous Astronomical Clock. In the distance, here is The Church of Our Lady before Tyn, which dates back to the 14th century / 3. Hub’s epic burger at BARROCK / 4. Me, standing in front of the Berlinische Galerie, Berlin’s Modern art museum.

 

 

1. While in Berlin, our friend Isabeau decided to introduce us to the city’s “underground lifestyle.” To this effect, we visited numerous squat houses… my initial reaction was “Hum. Hello? I’m too cute for this!” But the memories of these eccentric graffiti-covered buildings are some of my favourite / 2. To enter the Reichstag building, Berlin’s parliament, you must go through more security than the airport! However, the breathtaking 360-degree view of Berlin’s cityscape is well worth it / 3. The Neuschwanstein Castle, two hours away from Munich / 4. Sausage. I’ve eaten enough for the next ten years. For obvious reasons, this picture is hilarious. Hubby says it would be rude to say why. Let me just say a *muffled haha.* 


 
After three weeks away, it’s good to be back! More posts to come soon!

3 comments:

  1. The pics are great Em! Can't wait to hear about your trip. xoxoD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you liked my contribution and it was an honour to do this for you, my friend! But you are the real deal, so welcome back and I can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girly, you ROCKED the blog! Thanks for being such a great and supportive friend! ...I'll be writing a post about the Peter Pan collar trend for sure!!! That was such a good idea! Love you, Em xox

      Delete