Monday 29 October 2012

Trend Alert: Wedge Sneakers


Now this is a blast from the past! I remember being in sixth grade and wanting to be on the basketball team solely (solely – get it?) for the cool sneakers! Thanks to the designer Isabel Marant, I’m given a second chance to rock the look! Wedge sneakers... a gift from heaven. They elongate your legs and keep your feet comfortable. What’s not to like? Wear them for a shopping date with a buttoned-down shirt and skinny jeans; to a party with a sharp tailored jacket and black leather tights or even to brunch with a contrasting girly skirt! To avoid having your pants bunch up at the ankle, be sure to get them hemmed accordingly.


 
Clockwork from top brown shoes: 1. See By Chloe Tan Wedge Sneakers / 2. Steve Madden Olympiaa Sneakers / 3. Carvela Kurt Geiger Sparkle Wedge Sneaker / 4. Chloe Red Wedge Sneakers / 5. River Island Black Wedge High Tops / 6. Isabel Marant Bazil python basket sneaker / 7. Isabel Marant Betty leather and suede wedge sneakers
 
 

Image via
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I love these! Thanks for the links. You always seem to get it right, girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have I mentionned that I really like you? :) Glad you enjoy PMT!

      Delete
  2. I'm game. (Get it? LOL) Those are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute sneaker wedges! I have been seeing lots of bloggers rockin these!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're really lovely!

    Corina
    www.cocorrina.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wedge sneakers i remember in high school a friend of mine had wedge sneakers and i asked to borrow them all the time from her, why she actually let me borrow them i have no clue but i thought they were the coolest thing. and i guess trends do come around again

    ReplyDelete
  6. So 90s. I totally had a pair of wedge sneakers circa 1998 - wedge Airwalks to be exact. I almost wish I hung on those frankensneakers. By 2000 they were so uncool, I think I even denied ever owning a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so in love with wedge sneakers but I really think it's a look that I cannot pull off. I should definitely try them on though. LOVE that inspiration look!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Steve Madden wedge sneakers and Nike x Liberty Dunk Sky Hi wedges. Such a fun, comfortable shoe option!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these trendy wedge sneakers, got one stunning pair at http://www.upere.com/.

    ReplyDelete