I’ve been asked several times to write about menswear... as Hubby lovingly pointed out: “You ALWAYS tell ME what to wear; why not go for it on the blog?” Touché!
For one, if you look like Joseph Gordon-Lewitt and/or rock like Paul McCartney, you can do no harm in my book. Second: if you are contemplating growing a beard, now’s your window of opportunity. When did beards get so HOT? Love them. Fellows: grow them! Please remember that today marks the first day of Movember, which means that you can get a head start by growing a moustache and help raise awareness for prostate cancer. Sexy and caring? Swoon!
Here are some manly bullet points:
· Yup, bow ties are cool.
· For men as for women, jewel tones are all the rage... (Yet, somehow, saying “jewel tones” isn’t virile.) Buy your guy a maroon sweater/shirt/jacket/scarf but drop the “jewel” description.
· Velvet and corduroy are making a comeback this fall: old-world durability meets modern chic!
· Sweaters: a cozy man is a happy man. But please, do roll up your sleeves: the ladies want to see your sexy forearms!
· All women love a man in a suit. It’s as simple as that. A well-dressed gentleman is an instant classic (and an instant hit).
· And finally: Other items for which you should keep an eye out? Plaid, kaki, leather and studs should find their way into your closet this season!