Thursday 12 July 2012

The Laine Blogger Award


Yesterday, the lovely Rachel from All Things Beautiful sent me a kind email, informing me that she had nominated me for The Laine Blogger Award. Thank you for this special mention, I truly appreciate it! Rachel’s nomination came with a fun challenge: answering five questions (as seen below) and of course, nominating five other noteworthy bloggers. Here it goes! (One question remains: who’s Laine?)




1. What is your current beauty obsession?
Naked Palette 2 by Urban Decay! I never thought I would feel so committed to eye shadow – geez, even the brush feels miraculous. This palette boasts twelve different neutral shades which will help you achieve anything from a natural look to a dramatic smoky eye.

2. What is one beauty item you wished you owned?

I wish I owned the entire NARS Thakoon collection. These nail polish colours are so vibrant and summery. (The fact that it’s limited edition probably makes me want it more!)

3. What kind of posts are your favorite posts to write and read?
My favourite posts are those which give insight into a blogger’s life and lifestyle. I like to read short, humoristic posts. Certainly, I love to read anything that relates to fashion trends, art, makeup reviews... and I’m a sucker for celebrity gossip!  

4. What inspired you to become a blogger?

I decided to start blogging in January. I wanted a challenge – a fun outlet to share my enthusiasm for fashion and visual arts. Blogging is such a great way to connect with like-minded people.

5. What color nail polish are you wearing right now?
At the moment, I have orange nails. But they are chipped – so I’m switching to bright pink later tonight!


And the Nominee's Are...


Jenny - CrazyStyle Love
Shoshana & Hollis - eyebrows + lipstick


10 comments:

  1. I'm happy you find my place because it gave me the opportunity to find yours! and I love what I found!!! Congratulations for your nomination, by the way!
    I'm your 34 follower, I'd love if you follow me back!
    Big hugs!

    Inés
    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear number 34! :) Thank you for your support! E. xo

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, so much deserved! It's just so great to be recognized by your peers, and that's why it means so much to me that you nominated me too! You are so supportive and fabulous, and I sincerely thank you!

    XO Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great nominations Emily! But you're right on, I have no idea who Laine is either.. haha! Regardless, it's nice to be recognized for the hardwork you put into your blog :) Loved your answers too. I might have to check out that Urban Decay pallette! Happy Friday!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm your newest follower :)

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, THANK YOU Kacie! I look forward to our blogging exchanges! :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! How sweet of you to think of me. :) I love your style, am hooked on your blog, and mentioned you in my post: http://sonbrouillondevie.blogspot.com/2012/07/laine-blogger-award.html
    xo, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emily - Awwww! We just saw this (Hollis is moving, and I've been away)! You're the sweetest. We are such fans of yours as well! xx shoshana

    ReplyDelete