Monday 16 July 2012

Shoe Issues


This summer, I am planning a three week trip to Germany. Hubby and I have our plane tickets booked and hotels lined up. Although this is nothing short of amazing, I am worried about one thing: shoes. Without fail, I always pack too many. Sandals, sneakers, high heels, flip flops: you name it; I’ve got it in my suitcase. This weekend, I went for a two-night trip to Ottawa and packed three pairs. You see the problem? I vow to make things different – but I need your help! In your opinion, how many pairs would be a reasonable amount?  


1. TOMS in orange and white / 2. Tory Burch Bernadine wedges / 3. Valentino Rockstud kitten heels / 4. Missoni flat espadrilles in Coral Wave / 5. RADA beaded gladiators / 6. Tory Burch raffia logo ballerinas in blue / 7. Michael Kors white Vivian cork wedge slingbacks / 8. Rebecca Minkoff Baha sandals in neon / 9. Michael Kors Reichow sandals / 10. Jimmy Choo Nova glittered leather slingbacks / 11. TKEES Zincs flip flops in neon orange


7 comments:

  1. I don't think it's about the amount of pairs you put in your suitcase but the versatility of them. Three weeks is a long trip and depending on the activities you've planned, I suggest you bring these :
    - Neutral wedges because they are comfortable and chic for any special occasion. Great for trips!
    - Flat sandals because you can run around Germany, make your feet breathe and enjoy a nice brunch or any other not-too-fancy-but-kind-of-pretty activity.
    - Flat espadrilles like TOMS or KEDS because you will be walking and visiting and exploring a lot (well I assume), and these kind of espadrilles fit perfectly in a suitcase and are way too comfortable.
    - Flip flops because you will enjoy the sun and some kind of water (I hope you will)!
    - Sneakers because we always need sneakers on a trip!

    I hope you'll have an amazing trip and lots of place in your suitcase for souvenirs, not 10 pair of shoes!

    xo
    Marie L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for all of them Em! I know I would (and did ;-) xoxoD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I have the exact same problem! I pack too many and they take up so much room in my suitcase! So unfortunately, I can't give you any tips! :) 3 weeks in Germany. . .sounds pretty amazing!

    XO Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emily,

    My advice to you woman is: simplify, simplify, simplify!!! Less is always more, when you have too many choices, doubt takes over.

    Going to Germany? The calendar is your best friend!
    I suggest you bring 3 shoes (wear 1 and pack the other 2):

    - 1 comfortable flat for taking the plane & walking around
    - 1 dressy peep toe to go out with your man (like the silver above)
    - 1 semi-casual wedge to rock with your dresses and pants

    Here is my article on "How to pack smart and look great" after going to Brazil for 21 days with only 1 roll-on suitcase and a handbag:

    http://www.image4success.com/pdf/pack_smart.pdf

    Let me know if it helps :)
    Wishing you a fabulous vacation!

    To your success,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. SInce you're going to be there for three weeks you can probably bring at least 3 pairs. You definitely want something that is comfortable for every day wear and something dressy for evenings out and you can probably also add something transitional that can go either way. You def. want to leave some room in your luggage in case you pick up some new shoes in Germany ;-)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those TOMS and Tory Burch flats. Great picks!

    xoxo
    Amy

    urbanfrill

    ReplyDelete