Tuesday 31 July 2012

Are You Ready for Blue Lashes?


When I asked Michelle from BeautyEditor.ca what upcoming trend she was excited about, she mentioned the vibrant blue lashes we saw from Stella McCartney during this year's Fashion Week.

Image via


I’ve been coveting blue mascara ever since Yves Saint Laurent came out with his coloured wands, but never felt ready to take the plunge. So I did my research hoping to find out which brand was used to create this runway look. It turns out that makeup artist Pat McGrath covered each models’ lashes with dark black mascara, followed by several coats of a custom-made electric blue gel pigment.



Beware that blue mascaras are much more subtle than the look offered by Stella McCartney. Here’s what Sephora customers are saying about my suggestions:   1. Buxom Lash Mascara Special Effects Blue Noir “I was hoping for a little more blue than black, and this is more of a black with a hint of blue.” / 2. Yves Saint Laurent, Effet Faux Cils in Sea Black “It looks a lot more natural on me in the daytime than black.” / 3. Sephora Collection, Full Action Extreme Effect Mascara in Blue “I was hoping for a nice electric blue pop on my blonde lashes. Nope. It's blue, if you're up close.” / 4. Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash mascara in Dark Blue “This blue is a nice, smoky shade, suitable for daily wear.” / 5. Givenchy, Eye Fly Lash Extender Mascara in Fly in Blue “I was really impressed with the color.” / 6. Dior, Diorshow Mascara in Azure Blue “I was so excited when I got this; the blue is just incredible on the brush... too bad it doesn't follow through on the lashes.”


If you are dead set on rocking Stella’s runway look, might I suggest simply brushing electric blue eye shadow to your still-wet mascara? You will be able to layer the pigment until you reach a satisfactory pop of colour! Enjoy & let me know!

 

9 comments:

  1. Blue lashes are a HOT trend, I just love it, it looks nice and different :)
    Kisses*
    http://goncalosubtil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! I love a blue lash hue. Which will you be trying, Emily?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking Givenchy. (Big spender me!) It the mascara with the best reviews in terms of pigment - and I love the shape of the brush!

      Delete
  3. Oooh my gosh! I'm not sure I could pull this one off...but looks fabulous on the model! Will be something to consider anyway if I feel like changing up my look, thanks for the idea :)
    Emma xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love it if I were a model!!

    http://cravingforbarneys.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful eyes! I loved them from Stella's show, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to be part of this trend. Thank you for sharing this super useful post ;)
    natalia-etlamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue lashes trend! I wish I was brave enough :-/ lol

    Maria
    Dainty and Decadent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, this would be fun to try!! I had Navy mascara once and liked it but love the royal blue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Indeed, even while you were learning at pet supplies bundaberg veterinary school, you were defining your all-inclusive strategy. Upon graduation, you would make your bones, no play on words planned, while taking in the intricate details of the veterinary wellbeing industry.

    ReplyDelete