Tuesday 17 April 2012

Frame it

When I wrote my last post, I mentioned that Jaime Angelopoulos’ art was well framed. I received several emails from colleagues saying “Well... what was the framing like?”

As promised: Jaime Angelopoulos’ art, framed by Parisian Laundry (image via)


If it’s time for you to frame those family portraits or the new work you purchased at Papier12, here are a few tidbits about my tastes in framing:

While the eighties were plagued with lime and antique rose mats, the nineties were most memorable for their love of anti-reflective glass and gold frames. Today, most of my clients opt for simplicity: oversized white mats with clean white or black frames. 



Design by Christine Ralphs and Michelle Lloyd (image via)



Design by Cydney Morris (image via).

When purchasing art or selecting a frame, the key is to trust your instincts. Trends will come and go – but if your choices reflect your personal style, what’s “in” and what’s “out” will matter very little.

(Image via) Case in point!


(Image via) When in doubt: opt for simplicity!

3 comments:

  1. Such an inspiring post. Pinners paradise ;-) You have a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! A fellow Pinterest-lover! I'm addicted! Glad to have you as a follower, Danina!

      Delete