Tuesday 3 April 2012

Packing

Tonight, I’m excitedly packing for my trip! The girls and I have shared numerous phone calls and emails asking:  “What are you wearing to the club?”  “How many pairs of shoes are you packing?”  “Do I take my big suitcase or my really big suitcase?”  For all you travellers, here is my short-ish list of things to pack for a five-day trip to NYC.  (Why bother packing too much when you are travelling to Shopping-Heaven?)

-          1 coat
-          1 scarf
-          1 blazer
-          1 pair of jeans
-          2 party tops (these should work for both day and night)
-          1 party dress (I’m lying – who packs one? What if the other one is cuter on you that day? We are entitled to freedom of choice, no?)
-          3 tank tops or T-shirts
-          2 sweaters
-          1 pair of flats
-          1 pair of high heels
-          1 pair of flat boots
-          A largish purse
-          An evening clutch
-          1 umbrella (the rule of thumb is: pack an umbrella and it won’t rain.)  
-          Jewelry
-          Undergarments (People, don’t be stingy. I once went on a camping trip and didn’t pack enough underwear. Don’t let it happen to you. The moral of this story is: don’t go camping.)


From right to left, top to bottom: Stella McCartney Missy Organic Wool Coat / Stella McCartney Hawaiian printed scarf / Alexander McQueen mid-rise straight leg jean / Zara graded shopper / Steve Madden jazie oxfords / Kenneth Jay Lane Blue Enamel Circle Necklace / 3.1 Phillip Lim Shoulder Pleat T-Shirt / THE ROW 'Pablo Picasso' sweater / Topshop Black Boyfriend Blazer / Jimmy Choo / Nine West Mariola boot / 3.1 Phillip Lim Fur Print Silk Shirt / Burburry umbrella / Sparkle Spade Bow Clutch by Kate Spade / White + Warren Poncho Sweatshirt / Michael Kors Delight Knit Sleeveless Vest Top / Stella McCartney Hawaiian printed silk shirt / Marc by Marc Jacobs Paloma Silk Crepe Self Belt Dress

4 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip to NYC. And make sure that you have extremely comfy (but still cute) walking shoes (you'll probably be doing lots of it).

    I wish I had all of the items pictured above

    hudsoneast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best. Wish. Ever! I promise to wear comfy shoes! To be honest, I always get a little shoe-crazy, so I'll probably be packing a few extras! Hee hee!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this sounds so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about your NY adventure and see the photos! Have fun!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I would give for that green coat - darling! We would love for you to checkout our latests posts when you have a minute :)

    xo, April & Brittan

    http://www.evokela.com/

    ReplyDelete