Saturday 28 April 2012

Top 10 – Spring Edition


Am I the only girl who likes to change up her beauty routine from season to season? For example, Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion is perfect for the peak of summer, but not hard-core enough for winter. Same goes for makeup: I have my winter blush colours (any shade of pink) and my summer ones (golden corals). If you’ve been following this blog religiously (you have, right?), you’ve seen my Top 10 post from January. These products are still my go-to, but this current post features more skin-care products. Obviously, every skin is different, so please share with us your beauty routine!

With no further ado, here are my spring must-haves:


1. Bio-Oil; my oh my, I love this. It doesn’t work as well for me in the winter, but this month it’s doing miracles for my skin. If you also suffer from sensitive skin or rosacea, this is for you! I put it on after I wash my face at night. I’d wear it night and day if I could, but I find that my makeup doesn’t adhere well to the oil. / 2. Tangerine Tango: colour of the year! You’ve read THIS post, right? Well, I’m loving Smashbox’s Melondrama lipstick. (Melondrama... hee, hee, cute name.) I like to put Art Deco’s sheer gloss over it for some extra shine. / 3. Kiehl’s Panthenol Protein Moisturizing Face Cream. Love the richness. I tried to get Hubs to use Kiehl’s men’s line, but he wasn’t feeling it. He sticks to Cetaphil / 4. NARS Orgasm blush. I get that the name it trying to be titillating and it’s a great marketing ploy, but I’m not digging it. “Oh, look at my Orgasm blush, te-he-he.” Oh well, it is what it is and I happen to LOVE it! Great spring colour – beautiful on every skin tone! / 5. My friend MC converted me to Stila’s waterproof eyeliner. I go between this one and Lancôme’s, but Stila is a good choice if you need a very precise line. / 6. Avène Cleaning and Make-up Removing Micellar lotion: I’ve been using it for years, I refuse to change. / 7. Benefit’s Boi-ing concealer. You don’t own this? GET IT. No ifs and buts. GET IT. / 8. Urban Decay’s Naked Palette 2. I feel a little bad about this one since I abandoned all my other eye shadows when I purchased this palette. It’s got everything you need. Even the brush is lovely! / 9. MAC’s Hyperion nail polish is a beautiful grey-blue / 10. Hypnôse Doll Lashes by Lancôme... not a poufy brush, not a hard brush, but a magical cone brush. I have teeny tiny eyelashes and this helps them out.

5 comments:

  1. Great suggestions. I haven't tried a few of these. Where can I get Bio-Oil? Do you have a favorite waterproof mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann! You can get Bio-Oil at most pharmacies... and at WalMart! :) As for waterproof mascaras, I L-O-V-E Revlon's Grow Lucious (it's in a green tube). My lashes are quite short and I SWEAR this helps them grow! Happy Monday! E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I LOVE trying new beauty products so this is perfect. I have heard SO much about Nars Orgasm blush and simply have to get it! Perfect time of year too. Love your blog! If you get some time, I'd love for you to visit mine :)

    xoxo,
    Rachael
    www.rachaelkhawkins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picks! I totally vouch for the Benefit concealer, Lancome mascara and of course NARS Orgasm is a classic everyone should have. You're really making me want to revisit Bio Oil. I have a friend who used to swear by it... before that I didn't realize you could put it on your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I'm so excited you stopped by to check out the blog! Do get the Bio Oil: it's magic!

      Happy weekend, Emily

      Delete