Monday 23 January 2012

Neon is the new black

This weekend, I went to MAC searching for the perfect “every day eyeshadow.” Vanessa, a wonderful beauty consultant on St-Denis, was quick to suggest pale pinks and beiges... No... that’s not quite it, I said. She then turned around and picked out an intense acid yellow (see number 6). Are you kidding? EVERY DAY EYESHADOW? Oh, but it was perfect!
 
 
This got me thinking that sometimes, the most unexpected pop of colour can also work as a neutral. Will you be rocking neon this year?
1. Michael Kors / 2. H&M / 3. Rebecca Minkoff / 4. Aviator mirrored sunglasses (Designer unknown) / 5. J Brand jeans found at Billie / 6. Three Ring Yellow, MAC Cosmetics / 7. Spike the Punch necklace from Etsy / 8. Michael Kors

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving neon lately too!! I would love to have this sunglasses, necklace and the PANTS!! ohhh ;)
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! That necklace and blazer has my name written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is something I never would wear.

    ReplyDelete