Friday 13 January 2012

Snowed In


Once I fall in love, I love forever. Case in point: my hubby… and then, there is Danse dans la neige by artist Françoise Sullivan. I had seen these photographs in Art History books, photographed myself numerous times dancing in the snow (ah, to be a student again), but nothing beat seeing them in person during a retrospective exhibition at the Montreal Fine Arts Museum in 2003.  

 
Improvised by Sullivan, Danse dans la neige is a dance routine for which she let nature guide her movements. The choreography was recorded on film by Jean-Paul Riopelle and simultaneously photographed by Maurice Perron in 1947. In 1947, people!

Since Montreal is covered in snow thanks to yesterday’s storm, it seems fitting to be thinking of an impromptu homage to Sullivan.  



Get the look!


1. Bedo / 2. Bracelets by Isabelle May / 3. Hat from Zara / 4. School of Hard Rocks and Cocktail Bling from Essie’s new collection


2 comments:

  1. Only you would be able to pull a look that reminds us of black and white images with modern elements. I love it. Especially the nail polish colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'Adorrrrrre! Look parfait!

    ReplyDelete